Thursday, April 22, 2010

Two down and One to go

We have gotten to the end of yet another month on our journey onward. . . and God is still good! Just a cursory look over the shoulder reveals that God's hand has just been all over the events and places we have found ourselves. From leaving Germany to arriving in Korea; from waking up with the pain of a gall stone to getting Jimmy home from the hospital after an unexpected overnight stay following his surgery; from having our Leave of Absence planned out to having those plans wadded up and thrown out the window of our moving all too quickly adventure, God is still good.

A week or so ago, I was just beginning to recover from having my gallbladder removed - WOW! Talk about unexpected! Apparently I was among those one who didn't see it coming, but the week of events had to pass through His hands before I ever knew what was going on. I'm sure SGT Collins, the exceptional young Medic from the aid station at Camp Red Cloud didn't really want to have to transport an aging retired Major to the Army Hospital in Yongsan, but God sustained this guy on his 2 hours of sleep as he cared for me in the ambulance. The urgent care folks in the hospital were the best and after most of the day under their care, I walked out with an appointment with the surgeon for the following Monday afternoon - all I can say is that God arranged that. God had also penciled me in for the April 9th on the surgical calendar and appointed the likes of CPT Carter, the head nurse in the day surgery clinic, to take care of me before and after surgery. I am thankful that God guided Dr Richard Inae's hands as he removed my chronically inflamed gallbladder (if not this gallbladder attack, it would have been in the near future) But I am now healing up nicely with four little scars on my belly.


Last week, Jimmy had his knee rebuilt in a three and a half hour operation. His surgeon was guided to just the right solution for Jim to put him back together and be able to go back to being a career Soldier. God cradled my son in law in his arms as he took a little bit longer than planned to wake up. Then God provided a semi private room for Jimmy to be in overnight after surgery. Since no one else was there, Mary got to stay with him and then bring him home on Friday morning. On a scale of 1 to 10 Jimmy's pain was spiking about a 17! God provided for that with some excellent pain management medicine. Yesterday, God provided for Jimmy's need for the best post operative physical therapy through the Chief of the Physical Therapy rewriting the Physical Therapy plan along with his surgeon. Jimmy and I will be at the hospital in Seoul on Tuesday and Thursday for the next several weeks. Jimmy is spending a lot of time just lying on the bed with his leg up on a pillow.


We are now down to waiting for Mary to get the date for her c-section and the mundane stuff of taking care of our grandkids - This is not for the faint of heart. Mary could also come and wake us up in the middle of the night and tell me it is "Time!" WooHoo a trip to Seoul in the middle of the night, "Hey Paula, you want to be in the OR when the baby comes?"


Please join us in prayer:


F For Jimmy's complete recovery and return to duty in less than the time that we have left in Korea (June 12);

F For a safe "on time delivery" for our new GRANDSON, "Mephamyou'll" (Nathaniel);

F Our other Son in Law as he winds down his time in Afghanistan;

F Our Company has informed us that we need to have medical clearance before we can return to the field - no easy task to get a physical and provide the info they need to clear us.

2 comments:

  1. Quite a journey! I've got extra time in the hospital as I continue to check in with Caleb. I'll enjoy the opportunity to lift you up!

    ReplyDelete